Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life in a Box

Other than the previous entry suggests, I have not yet arrived at Go. I am still in London, but only just. With the time ticking away fast now, my last week has officially started. A week from now I will be hoisting my backpack on my back, take my suitcase and close the door of yet another room I inhabited for a year. Until then, there's a lot to do and quite a few people to say goodbye to.
Starting with the practicalities, it is time to arrange the shipping of my things. More of my possessions are packed away in a number of boxes. Clothes, DVDs, cds and kitchen utensils. Interparcel will be taking charge of it all on its way to my parents'. Coming Monday I will be housebound whilst I wait for my parcels to be picked up. Before then, I will have to fit my remaining things into one last box. And hopefully it will be just one last box, but I have a feeling there might be more than one. Still, better to send it than to take it with me having to pay extra kilos to Easyjet. As cheap as Easyjet is with its tickets, as expensive it is with surplus luggage. My backpack and suitcase together will have to be exactly 20 kg or less.
Apart from packing, I will have a visitor this weekend. Waqar is coming over from Bradford. Arriving tomorrow, he will be staying one night. Before I will meet him at Victoria Coach station, there is tea with Francesco, who will need to complain about his work, as he does. After tea, dinner with Waqar and then probably a movie once we get home. Saturday a small reunion of Bradfordians is planned. Waqar's ex-girlfriend Kristin is coming to London as well, as is my ex-upstairs-neighbour Tosin. Tosin is arguably the coolest neighbour I have ever had, being confronted with my music on a daily basis and not once complaining. Quite the contrary, he preferred coming down to take some off my computer.
Next week will see my last three days in my first job. Although I liked it, and learned a lot, I don't mind leaving now. It is time for something else. Something new. Something where my heart is, if possible. As usual though, I leave little time to breath. On Thursday, the last event I have organised will take place after which we will go and have drinks in the pub. At eight the latest I will have to leave though, to go home, eat something to then take the last train to Gatwick Airport. At 7:10 am my flight will take off to Lyon Airport, where my parents will be waiting to take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment